Monday, June 18, 2012

Busy

I'm mostly writing this blog to remember this busy season of life.  Of course, life with two little kids is inevitably busy!  There's a lot of housework, laundry, meals, bottles, baths, toys, etc.  But I've also committed myself to a lot of outside "stuff", for lack of a better word.  I' m doing my best to keep my priorities straight- God first, Brandon next, the girls next, my other family next, and then my church family/commitments.  

Here's everything on my plate besides home/family stuff:  Ladies Board at church, Prayer Coordinator (steering team) for MOPS in the fall, music leader for Bible study in the fall, music team for VBS next week, keyboard/vox 2 times a month at church, playing 1st part for the upcoming concerts for Rivercity Concert Band, co-leading a college girls Bible study, mission project to the Moriah House. Whew! That was even a lot to type!  Not to mention I'm trying to exercise 3 times a week at least too...

Oh, did I mention all the house projects I've been working on??? geez, no wonder I've been tired lately!

But like it says in 1 Corinthians... if I do a whole list of things but "have not love, I am nothing".  So, that's my focus.  Doing everything because Jesus first loved me and has given me this life to serve Him in, not to earn His favor but from an overflow of gratitude toward Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment