Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Sprain

Today I would have run the race I had been planning, training, and looking forward to running: my first half marathon.  To me, it was the culmination of a lot of hard work, sweat, and strength gained.  I literally had been training for 4 months. 12 days ago, on a Monday evening run, out of the blue, I rolled my ankle and severely sprained it.  My plans were crushed.  As soon as I felt it happening I knew it was going to be bad.  I've had some painful moments in my life- two broken bones, excruciating recovery from lasik eye surgery, birthed two babies, kidney stones.  This is definitely among those most painful experiences.  The disappointment has far surpassed the physical pain.  It has been a spiritual lesson.  I am confident that God was in control of my circumstances, and this was a part of His good plan for me.  Someday I will also teach Charli and Claire that God's plans are different than our own, but His are always better.  I love this verse.  Though, I believe it is speaking in figurative terms, it literally has applied so well to me in these last two weeks. Proverbs 16:9 says, "The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."

  Here is my  photo montage to "the sprain".

driving to the ER for an X-ray

Brandon came to my rescue and saved the aquarium day! We had a blast, despite my need for the wheelchair. Claire liked riding in "mommy's stroller"!
I spent 3 days with it elevated and icing it every few hours.  It was painful, boring, humbling, and healing.

I decided to make lemonade from my lemons ;)
These motorized carts are fun!!

at my follow up I got fitted for a boot- my friend for 4 weeks


Today, it's extremely sore and still black and blue and a bit swollen.


No comments:

Post a Comment