Thursday, July 5, 2012

Construction Zone

We seem to constantly have some project going on around our house, but the current one is BY FAR the biggest yet.  We heard about a great deal at Costco last weekend on some wood laminate flooring and seeing as our downstairs carpet was awful, we decided to go ahead and replace it with something nicer.  We'd obviously rather the flooring be a selling point not a turn off when you immediately enter the house.  So, Brandon borrowed most of the big tools and bought a few of the small, found a friend to help him start, and then got my Dad and brother's help after that.  The floors are nearly done now (day 4 of the project) so all that is left is the threshold molding and "toe-molding".  The house is a mess, which if you know me then you know I hate it, but I know it will be worth it very soon.  Charli, Claire, and I actually stayed with my parents 2 nights so Brandon could work past their bedtime (it's a loud job!)  Pics to come... here's a teaser...

No comments:

Post a Comment