Saturday, December 17, 2011

Joys

Life as a Christian doesn't guarantee happiness. In fact, it promises troubles. (John 16:33) I hope that no matter what the Lord has planned for me that He will remind me that He has overcome the world and my troubles are all encompassed in that promise. And so I've come to the conclusion that the season of life I'm in today, though challenging, is truly a season of joy. I find joy in my children's precious faces, in seeing them grow and learn, in their silliness, in their discovery of the world around them. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to live so near my parents and siblings for this time of life. I'm thankful for their encouragement, assistance, and most of all the love they shower on my babies. There will come a time when we won't be so near one another, so today I'm savoring it. Here are a few pictures of some of my joys from this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment